Getting Started with SPM: Financial Service Providers
If you don’t know much about SPM yet, this is a great place to start! We suggest that first you “learn” and then “participate.” We want to support you as you begin strengthening your SPM practices.
1. Learn about SPM and the Universal Standards for SPM.
- Understand the term “social performance management” and why it’s important.
- Read the Universal Standards for SPM.
- Read Chapter 1 of the Universal Standards Implementation Guide for a basic introduction to SPM implementation.
- Watch a few short videos on how different providers around the world practice SPM: UGAFODE Uganda, CONTACTAR Colombia, FODEMI Ecuador.
2. Participate in our events and working groups.
- Sign up to receive email invitations to our online events, including the Universal Standards Implementation Series, and other educational webinars.
3. Learn about the Social Performance Fund for Financial Service Providers (FSPs).
- The SP Fund is managed by the Microfinance Centre.
- Read the SP Fund for financial service providers (FSPs): LL MFIS SPA
We look forward to supporting you as you get started with SPM.