Read about the Importance of Social Performance Management. Click here for a brief that makes the case for an investor or donor to commit to social performance management.
Read examples about how some investors are implementing the Universal Standards for Social Performance Management. Click here for a brief story on Deutsche Bank and here for a brief story on Blue Orchard.
Read and Sign the Principles for Investors in Inclusive Finance (PIIF). The Principles for Investors in Inclusive Finance (PIIF) provide a framework for responsible investment in inclusive finance. The PIIF are housed within the Principles for Responsible Investment and were established in January 2011 on the initiative of investors and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands in her role as UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development. The group developed the PIIF together with the PRI Initiative, the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP) and key industry players, and launched with the support of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In signing the Principles, investors commit to:
- Expanding the range of financial services available to low-income people;
- Integrating client protection into all their policies and practices;
- Treating their investees fairly, with clear and balanced contracts, and dispute resolution procedures;
- Integrating ESG factors into their policies and reporting;
- Promoting transparency in all their operations;
- Pursuing balanced long-term returns that reflect the interests of clients, retail providers and end investors; and
- Working together to develop common investor standards on inclusive finance.
Fill out the IRIS Getting Started Questionnaire. Developed over the last year with input and guidance from IRIS advisors, partners, and users, the Getting Started with IRIS: How to Select IRIS metrics for social and environmental performance measurement guide is designed to help impact investors select and apply social, environmental, and financial performance metrics from the IRIS catalog, increasing consistency in impact measurement across the impact investing field, and making it easier for impact investors to create informed performance measurement programs.
See Information for Investors and Donors Created by the Responsible Inclusive Finance (RIF) Working Group:
- Responsible Inclusive Finance Initiatives Market Map_Updated October 2013
- Description of Responsible Investment Initiatives_Updated October 2013