SPTF is pleased to announce that it has received funding from the Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to support a Responsible Inclusive Finance Facility in Southeast Asia (RIFF-SEA). Their support will cover the three-year period from 2018-2020. The RIFF-SEA will aim to advance responsible inclusive finance practices in Southeast Asia by providing trainings and co-financing activities at the FSP-level.
The RIFF-SEA will focus on the following countries:
- The Philippines
While we are finalizing the activities with partners in the region, please note the RIFF-SEA will be modeled after the Responsible Microfinance Facility (RMF), which aims to advance responsible inclusive finance practices in Africa and the Middle East, and the RIFF-CAC, which focuses on Central America and the Caribbean. These facilities generally offer the following activities:
1. Three-day introductory training on responsible inclusive finance
2. Client protection workshop
3, SPI4 workshop
4. Training technical assistance (TA) providers on client protection
5. Training TA providers on all other elements of SPM.
- Activities eligible for co-financing.
1. Accompanied SPI4 assessment plus additional support
2. Client protection assessment
3. Upgrade project chosen by the provider
4. Specialized training for the provider on an aspect of SPM of its choosing
5. Smart certification and/or social rating.